Why there is issue in GUI as before and after save file closed and reopen it look like complex?

I have issue in Xcos and can someone guide me what are the issue for weird diagram. Thank you

Hello, can you edit your first post and drag/drop your zcos file ?

S.

1 Like

system_dynamics.zcos (5.8 KB)

Please find the whole file , first issue is if you go to first block than you will find this whole block and there is error . Can you please tell what is algebric and data port or type error ? I cannot resolve this error .

2- What should i edit in my post ? Let me know if any chance to improve it with iterations.

I want to mention that I am using 6.1.1 version which is most stable. All other version is crashing. Please be aware of it.

It is alright like this, but you could have made only one post with the two screenshots, described as being shown as saved, then as loaded back, with the link of the zcos file at the end (the pencil icon allows to edit your posts).

I have opened your zcos file in Scilab 2024.0, fixed by hand the routing, saved it, quit Scilab then reopen the diagram and the routing was still OK.

Since version 6.1.1 many bugs have been fixed and the one you encounter is one of them. So please use the latest version of Scilab and if you have stability problems report them in another topic, or best, create an issue at Issues ¡ scilab / scilab ¡ GitLab.

S.

One of the entry of the muxer is not defined, you should set its size to 3 not 4:

Capture d’écran 2023-11-20 à 18.33.03

1- I am getting this error if I install the Scilab 2024.

2- The issue with muxer is not define as per your comment but it is define as per attached zcos file.
Secondly there is Matlab Simulink file attached , everything is working with same criteria but there is issue with input data or what but answer is not correct. I have to ask my prof. If he can verify my simulink file. Can you please provide me solution ? How to define it as there is only fix value or anything?
system_dynamics.zcos (6.3 KB)

I am sorry I cant upload or attached simulink file as they are not allowing it. sorry

3- Problem in port size or type. Do you what are issue in such error appear? Attachment file latest
system_dynamics.zcos (6.3 KB)

Hello,

For your Scilab install problem, I suggest that you create a brand new user account on your computer and make the installation there (with default settings, e.g. Java Runtime has to be installed).

For your specific Xcos problem, please be aware that this forum is not dedicated to solve your homework (you should ask some help from your professor…). We can answer precise/technical questions or when an evident problem shows (such as the missing input in your diagram), but if your original Simulink diagram does not even work as expected, we cannot go further.

S.

Hi

It’s not home work . It’s technical issues as it’s working in Simulink but output is wrong means Input parameters is not correct.

There is already Simulink file attached hope you run it before commenting.

In Simulink, Everything went well while here it doesn’t even reach to end . Algebraic Loop than Port type. Hope you are developer of Xcos because Such a project can’t be successful here as lack of technical support of Software. It’s not even close to Matlab.

I request you to read again and try to understand it than comment. It’s sound a little arrogant.

I think you don’t understand everything: this forum is kept alive by mostly unpayed academic contributors who answer questions on their spare time. They don’t have time to debug complex issues such as yours. Moreover, algebraic loops are always due to a misconception of a diagram, so you cannot blame the software itself (neither Xcos, nor Simulink). Since your Simulink diagram does not even work as expected, and considering your remark about Scilab not being even close to Matlab, I suggest that you ask your questions in a Matlab/Simulink forum, not here.

S.

Hello and welcome in this “free” support forum.

I answered here as your report on #17160 is not a bug !

This is a post where I will try to answer all your different remarks. I noted that you want to reproduce a Simulink diagram using Xcos ; be aware that even if similar there is some differences.

I want to mention that I am using 6.1.1 version which is most stable. All other version is crashing. Please be aware of it.

If 2024.0.0 is crashing on your machine, please report an issue with a simple way to reproduce the crash. This is the only way it might get fixed.
Please also include your windows version and any error message printed in text.

Problem in port size or type. Do you what are issue in such error appear?

Your port is not connected, you have to connect it or change the parameters of the block!

In Simulink, Everything went well while here it doesn’t even reach to end . Algebraic Loop than Port type. Hope you are developer of Xcos because Such a project can’t be successful here as lack of technical support of Software. It’s not even close to Matlab.

I don’t get your point here. These sentences are not related to your issue. Don’t blame Stephane who is trying to help you!

I request you to read again and try to understand it than comment. It’s sound a little arrogant.

Please, don’t assume Stephane did not read or understand your comment. Avoid judgement about others especially if you ask for some help.

Here , the issue is that Scilab is not concating the output while Matlab is doing everything automatically and consider it in vector while scilab require same number of input and output during DEMUX and MUX. This is the solution or issue if you are changing in future the this two block please update me as I have to completely change the stimulation file. Now we can close the issue. Thank you.